Through a secure (encrypted) connection, the Virtual Private Network (VPN) enables you to gain access to Aalborg University’s systems from your own home or from anywhere else in the world.
Before you can use VPN you have to set up multifactor validation.
You have to set up multifactor validation before the installation of VPN.
You can always gain access to your webmail without using VPN, however, VPN enables you to access files and other services which are usually only accessible on AAU’s network.
SERVICES THAT CAN ONLY BE ACCESSED FROM AAU’S NETWORK AND THEREFORE REQUIRE YOU TO BE LOGGED IN VIA VPN
- Windows fileshares (e.g. group folder or personal folder)
- InfoGlue CMS backend (editing of websites)
- Administrative systems:
- Inteum (patent database)
- Workzone (including access to KMD)
- STADS (not STADS self-service)
- Sickness absence system
- adramatch (budget/accounting control system)
- Terminal access to Linux server, alternatively you can use sshgw.aau.dk as jumphost instead of VPN
- Web servers and database servers for researchers and students that are used for internal matters
- Software that requires a license through license server (for example Solidworks and Ansys)