Checking network connection
OK. You are connected to an AAU network.
Failed! You are not connected to a valid AAU network. You will not be able to complete this installation procedure unless you change your network connections to either cabled campus network, wifi (AAU-1x, eduroam or AAU-1-DAY) or use VPN to connect to AAU.
Enter your email address
Please enter your AAU email address below. Your email address will be used temporarily in this guide only - we do not share it, store it or send you any messages.
Your AAU email address:
Invalid email address. Must be your AAU email address.
Select the kind of printer you would like to install
No clue which printer to choose? Use the Locate Printer page to find by address, expand the printer with the [+] and select link back to this installation guide.
You must select a printer
Launch the printer setup by clicking the Ubuntu icon:
- Enter ‘printing’ at the search line
- Click on the ‘Printing’ icon
Click on ”Add” to add a new printer.
- Expand the ‘Network Printer’ item listed under devices
- Select ‘Windows Printer via Samba’
- Add the printer server/printer name:
- For authentication select ‘Set authentication details below’
- Enter the username in the form xxx.aau.dk\johndoe
- Enter the password
Select 'Generic' as printer driver.
Select printer model:
- Select ‘PCL 6/PCL XL’
- Select ‘Generic PCL 6/PCL XL Printer Foomatic/pxlcolor’
Describe the printer:
- Enter a short name, it’s recommended to enter the real printer name.
- Optionally enter a description and location.
You can print a test page if you like (will be charged).