How do I get the best internet quality in online meetings/lectures/ph.d. defense when I participate outside the AAU network?
IT Services recommends the following:
- Use a network cable instead of WiFi (wireless internet connection) for the best call quality.
- If you need to use WiFi (wireless internet connection), place yourself close to the router.
- Place the router in a central spot in your home, preferably somewhere high and with free accessibility. It is best if it is not hidden away.
- The router should NOT be placed in the kitchen or too close to other electronic devices.
- Turn off other sources that use the internet (streaming of movies or music, computer games, etc.)
- If the connection is slow, turn off your video camera.
- If you still have a slow internet connection, we recommend that you contact your internet service provider and discuss your internet connection in relation to your needs.
- We recommend that you obtain a headset (headphones with a microphone). Although your computer has a built-in microphone and speaker, the sound quality is usually too poor for meeting use.
- Mute your microphone when you are not talking.
- Think about the size of elements in your presentation. Make sure that text and graphic elements are legible and clear.