NB: From the 3rd of november the SMS Passcode solution will be replaced by the use of Microsoft's authenticator app.
TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION for vpn
If you want to continue using VPN, you must sign up for two-factor authentication. Please note that when signing up for two-factor authentication your computer must be connected to AAU’s network.
2-factor validation with SMS Passcode only applies to VPN at AAU, in contrast to eg multifactor validation with Microsoft's Autheticator app for Office 365.
To enable 2-factor validation, do the following:
STEP1 – SELECT AUTHENTICATION METHOD
To be able to use two-factor authentication, you must select one of two methods:
1. SMS Passcode (recommended)
- Download the app SMS Passcode from Apple iTunes Store or Google Play
- Launch the app and follow the steps
2. Text messages (alternative method)
- Where you simply use SMS service/textmessages - setup can be found in Step 2 below
STEP2 – SETTING UP TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
You must register your selected authentication method at mfa.aau.dk - Please note that when signing up for two-factor authentication your computer must be connected to AAU’s network.
Log on using your AAU email address and password.