WHAT IS TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION?
Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security in that you login to AAU’s VPN connection using your username and password and an additional one-time passcode which is sent to your mobile device (such as your mobile phone, smartphone or tablet). If you use NemID or online banking, you might have already been introduced to two-factor authentication.
In increasing safety and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation, AAU now adds an extra layer of security by introducing two-factor authentication at AAU in 2018.
Two-factor authentication will be implemented gradually to all AAU departments and units, and all staff members will receive an email when two-factor authentication is to be implemented in their department or unit.
HOW TO USE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
If you want to continue using VPN, you must sign up for two-factor authentication. Please note that when signing up for two-factor authentication your computer must be connected to AAU’s network.
How to sign up for two-factor authentication:
STEP1 – SELECT AUTHENTICATION METHOD
To be able to use two-factor authentication, you must select one of three methods:
1. SMS Passcode (recommended)
- Download the app SMS Passcode from Apple iTunes Store or Google Play
- Launch the app and follow the steps
2. Authenticator (alternative method)
- Download an app that supports TOTP (Time-based One-Time Password), such as Google Authenticator, from Apple iTunes Store or Google Play
3. Text messages (alternative method)
- This method lets you use SMS text messages. In step2 you’ll find more information on how to set up this authentication method.
STEP2 – SETTING UP TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
You must register your selected authentication method at mfa.aau.dk - Please note that when signing up for two-factor authentication your computer must be connected to AAU’s network.
Log on using your AAU email address and password.