About remote desktop
With remote access you can connect to an AAU computer from the internet or from another location on AAU. You can, e.g., use all programs and files on your work computer from your private computer at home.
Remote desktop is available for those who have the need for a remote desktop connection, to a desktop computer on AAU. Requirements are listed below:
- The work can not be done, on the laptop computer that you already have received.
- The computer must have a wired connection to the internet.
To get Windows Remote Desktop setup, you must send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- Reason for the remote connection
- AAU-number on the computer
- Operative system on the computer
- Number on the wall ethernet outlet, which the computer is connected to
- Room and building number, which the computer resides in
- Which users a going to use the connection
- Which type of rights should the users have