Learn here how to access a shared mailbox in Thunderbird.
We assume that a manager of the shared mailbox already has granted you acccess.
Notice that you should give your AAU username in the form:
- Start Thunderbird.
- Toggle the menu-line by pressing the Alt-key.
- Click 'Tools', choose 'Aaount Settings'.
- Click the 'Account Actions' i the lower left side of the appearing window.
- Click 'Add Mail Account...'.
- Type a name of your choice for the shared mailbox as 'Your name'.
- Type the e-mail address of the shared mailbox as 'Email Address'.
- Leave Password blank.
- Click Continue.
- Click 'Manual config'.
- Correct the settings for 'Server hostname' like that:
- Click Done and Ok.
- When asked for a password, type your own.
* Staff members at the Faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences must replace department with id.