This password policy applies to all email accounts at Aalborg University and ensures that all passwords contain a minimum of complexity. By complying with the password policy, you will help prevent third parties from guessing your password, and your data will be protected from misuse.
At Aalborg University you have to change your password every six months. (Not valid for student.aau.dk). You will receive an email respectively 14, 7 and 1 days before your password expires.
You password must meet the following requirements:
- It must be at least 8 characters.
- It must not contain any part of your name.
- It must contain characters from at least 3 of the following 4 categories:
- Uppercase characters
- Lowercase characters
- Numbers and
- Special characters
Moreover, we recommend that you avoid using the Danish characters æ, ø and å, since passwords containing any of these characters may prevent you from accessing AAU’s wireless network.
You may not reuse passwords, when you have had a password; you cannot change it back to the original password again.
Two tips for creating memorable passwords:
- Use short sentences containing entire words, such as: Fridaybaropensat3 or TakeMe2Church!
- Create abbreviations of song titles which are easy to remember, “The wheels on the bus go round and round” may become “Tw0tbgrar”