This guide shows you how to send an invitation for a meeting; this will facilitate you in organising the time and location of the meeting as well as in registering who accepts or declines your invitation.
- Open Outlook and select ‘Calendar’
- Click ‘New meeting’
- Inform attendees of the content of the meeting in the subject field.
- Inform attendees of the location of the meeting in the field ‘Location’
- Further information on using the ‘Scheduling Assistant’ for booking a meeting room.
- Select the time and date of the meeting in the fields ‘Start time’ and ‘End time’ If you tick the box ‘All day event’, your event will be scheduled as a 24-hour event beginning at midnight and ending at midnight.
Alternatively, you can use the Scheduling Assistant to coordinate the time and date with the attendees.
- Select ‘Add attendees’ to find attendees in your address book.
- Click on your preferred time slot in the table to your right and you will immediately see any conflicting appointments.
- Click ‘Appointment’ to exit the Scheduling Assistant.
The selected time slot and attendees will now appear in your meeting invitation.
- Type any information that you wish to share with the recipients in the text box. You may also attach files.
- Click ‘Send’, unless you wish to change the ‘Response Options’.