Procedure for setting up an online PhD defense using MS Teams
- If you would like to get assistance from ITS, a case must be made at ITS: email@example.com at least one week before the defense.
- Inform us about the date and time of the test.
- Inform us about the date and time of the defense. ITS needs to have taken part in the tests to participate in the actual defense.
- Provide the names and emails of the participants and clarify their roles. (PhD students, assessors, supervisor, moderator)
- The its-supporter must be invited to all MS Teams meetings including tests. You will be contacted by an its-supporter, who will give you an email address of the person you have to invite.
- Support is only provided to the PhD student, assessors, supervisor and moderator. Support is NOT provided to the spectators during the PhD defense
- The secretary of the Department sends an MS Teams invitation to all participants at least 2 days before the defense as an opportunity to make a test call during normal working hours and receive help to solve potential problems.
- Hearers/audience of the defense will send an email to the secretary who will send an invitation. This is made clear in the announcement of the defense.
- The secretary of the Department creates 3 MS Teams invitations: one for a preparatory meeting with, among others, the assessment committee, one for the actual defense where everyone is invited (including potential hearers/audience), and one for the assessment committee for voting after the defense
Guide: Create a MS Teams meeting in Outlook
Guide: Starting a MS Teams meeting from a video conferencing system